Responsible for the daily administration of input and updates of loan origination data for secured loans (vehicle, commercial equipment, deposit accounts, stock) and unsecured loans. Other loan includes but not limited to lines of credit, land loans, commercial real estate, and construction loans products in accordance with bank policies and procedures. Acts as the contact for commercial loan processing including loan funding and collateral management. Inputs information into the bank’s computer system and verifies accuracy of loan documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent education/experience.
- Knowledge of basic lending policies and procedures gained through work experience or in-house training.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good human relations skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Accountability for work performance, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel and Word applications.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Work independently
Specific Job Functions:
- Provide administrative assistance to the commercial loan officer.
- Compilation and submission of reports to SBA monthly
- Using LaserPro program
- Prepares checks and or wire transfer forms for closings including OFAC check
- Assembles, prepares, and verifies the accuracy and ensures that commercial loan files contain accurate documents with proper signature, dates, and other relevant data.
- Checks documents for proper vesting, accurate VIN #, legal descriptions and closing dates, etc.
- Uploads new loans to the core system and processes appropriate debits and credits/cross apps to complete the transaction.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties such as processing Environmental (EDR) requests, commitment letters, ordering appraisals, title opinion, review of title opinion, flood certifications and tax transcripts and pulling and reviewing credit reports.
- Prepare and/or assist Attorneys with HUD settlement statements.
- NADA Evaluations, preparing forms for adding liens.
- Online recording of VT and NH UCC filings and amendments
- Monthly review and online filing of UCC-1 continuations.
- Prepare payoff statements requested by other institutions
- Prepare interest paid and year end statements
- Prepare and process commercial renewals.
- Loan file setup in FileX and scanning of completed loan files and all other pertinent documents
- Loan scanning checkback
- Prepare and process modifications and extensions.
- Maintains logs for loan disbursal checks, modifications, commercial loan pipeline, loan denials/withdrawn
- ProSign documents and send out to customers.
- Tracking and maintaining of pertinent loan documents in FileX
- Prepare collateral releases, mortgage discharges, UCC terminations/amendments, account hold/releases and mail out paid Notes.
- Prepare Letters of Credit and maintaining the folder.
- Filing new loan Notes in the secure cabinet.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries concerning loan processing and information.
- Assisting commercial lender in any aspect of the loan application process through to the closing documents.
- Accepts responsibility to stay abreast of all Federal and State laws, and compliance regulations governing the bank in general, and as they pertain to the job function.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Non-exempt, hourly position
Wells River, VT
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week.