Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day handling Individual Retirement Account (IRA) transactions and paperwork. Will assist the Deposit Account Specialist with scanning all account documentation. Also, will serve as a teller and call center representative when necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1- 2 years of experience in banking, financial services, or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of IRAs and HSAs is helpful.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Responsible for all aspects of IRA/HSA, including processing daily transactions of such as transfers, distributions, deposits, rollovers, and account closures.
- Processes and verifies new and revised IRA/HSA documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Generates and reviews annual IRA/HSA tax documents and statements for accuracy and completeness. Monitors RMD distributions.
- Collaborate with the Deposit Account Specialist to handle scanning for all new Bank related account documentation.
- Act as a backup Teller and Call Center Representative as needed.
- Accepts responsibility to stay abreast of all Federal and State Laws, and compliance regulations governing the bank in general, and as they pertain to the job function in particular.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Exemption Status: Non-exempt, hourly position
LOCATION: Newbury Branch
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position including rotating Saturdays (9:00am until 12:00pm)
Wells River Savings Bank is a mutual savings bank with associates working in our seven offices in the Connecticut River Valley. We are an Affirmative Action EEO employer and provide opportunity for all, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, military service or obligation, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, HIV-positive status, crime victim status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable laws. We offer an excellent work environment while providing opportunities for our associates to learn and grow.