Starting Rate $15.00 to $16.00 depending on experience
Provide customer service at the retail level in accordance with bank policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform basic math and money counting functions
- Ability to stand at teller station for extended periods of time
- Basic computer skills
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years teller or retail customer service experience
Specific Job Functions:
- Provide routine teller services to customers, including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, stop payment orders, loan payments, coin, check orders, money orders, Treasurer’s checks all in a confidential manner.
- Maintain teller drawer within assigned limits.
- Balance cash drawer on a daily basis
- Possess thorough knowledge of the branch capture process, scan work efficiently and accurately.
- Open and close checking, NOW, Money Market, and savings accounts, CD’s and IRA’s and service existing customers.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, including Currency Transaction Reporting, and accurately file any necessary reports.
- Help customers with safe deposit boxes, including opening and closing boxes, and providing secure access.
- Promote and explain bank services such as consumer loans, IRA’s, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes and money orders.
- Perform ATM procedures, including balance drawer, maintain supplies, process deposits, research customer issues, handle retained cards, and be on call for night and weekend emergency calls.
- Deliver and pick up mail.
- Process night deposit
- Demonstrate knowledge of bank operations, policies and procedures.
- Accepts responsibility to stay abreast of all Federal and State laws, and compliance regulations governing the bank in general, and as they pertain to the job function in particular.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-exempt, hourly position
Wells River Branch
This is a full time position requiring 40 hours a week including rotating Saturdays (9:00am until 12:00pm)
Wells River Savings Bank is a mutual savings bank with associates working in our seven offices in the Connecticut River Valley. We are an Affirmative Action EEO employer and provide opportunity for all, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, military service or obligation, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, HIV-positive status, crime victim status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable laws. We offer an excellent work environment while providing opportunities for our associates to learn and grow.